1. Be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident
2. Turn age 7, 8 or 9 in calendar year 2020^
3. Have a psychologist-administered, recognised IQ test* report that shows they are in the:
> Top 5th percentile in one or more sub-scales (eg. Comprehension, Matrix Reasoning, etc.), and
> Top 20th percentile in three or more other sub-scales.
4. Be able to read and write at (Victorian Curriculum) Level 2 or above, as evidenced by a teacher’s report, a NAPLAN test result or a skills-based assessment
^Depending on numbers, there is some chance that we may end up also accepting some children turning age 10 in the calendar year 2020 - please watch this space after Applications for Enrolments open.
*Recognised IQ tests include:
> The Wechsler Intelligence Scale for Children, Fourth Edition (WISC-IV Australian) [ages 6 to 16 years, 11 months]
> The Wechsler Preschool & Primary Scale of Intelligence – Third Edition (WPPSI-III Australian) [ages 2 years, 6 months to 7 years, three months], and
> The Stanford-Binet.
1. Where Alatus School will be located
2. What the fees will be for the 2020 school year
3. When the Parent Information Nights will be held
1. Send us an email (the address will be advised on this page of our website) to request an Application ID. We’ll reply, via email, very quickly with your Application ID. Your Application ID will be unique to you and we’ll ask you to please quote it on all communications and correspondence with us. We will use it to identify you, correctly match up your application documents and track your application right the way through the process.
2. Once you have your Application ID, click the link we will provide you with that will take you to the location where each of the forms we require to be completed will be posted.
3. Complete the forms and follow the instructions to securely submit them - together with scans of the other mandatory documents - to us online. You “can” email them to us instead if you wish, but please be advised that email is not inherently secure. We will also have an option for you to post them to us if you prefer not to share any information electronically.
4. Pay the Application Fee of $150 via EFT or cheque. This fee will be deductible from the first Term’s fees upon their payment by the due date and fully refundable in the case of Alatus not being registered as an Independent School in sufficient time to open for Term 1, 2020, or not meeting its minimum viable enrolment. This fee is otherwise non-refundable - no matter the outcome of your application to enrol.
Copyright © 2018-19 Melbourne Gifted School Ltd. ABN 29 633 799 014. All rights reserved.
The name "Alatus School” and the integrated butterfly device are Registered Trademarks®. The name "Alatus Learning Approach” is a Trademark™.
Alatus School® is subject to registration as an Independent School and minimum viable enrolment for Term 1, 2020.